Released March 24, 2020
Today the Harris County has issued a mandatory Shelter-In-Place for non-essential business. Beacon Federal Credit Union is considered an essential business.
We understand the complexity of the situation and we are doing everything we can to be part of the solution by making sure we cover your banking needs during the COVID-19 crisis.
While you are safe home, we want to share important information on our hours, products and services.
BRANCH AND DRIVE-THRU HOURS:
Friendly reminder, our H-E-B Deer Park, H-E-B Clear Lake and Seabrook offices remain closed until further notice.
Our La Porte and Baytown lobbies are closed but the DRIVE-THRU SERVICES & CALL CENTER will remain open:
Monday to Friday
8:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M.
8:30 A.M. – 12:30 P.M
If you need to complete, apply, or need assistance with a loan, we can take care of that through our online service or call center.
You can also call us at 281.471.1782 for assistance.
Please follow our website or social media pages for updates.
Thank you for your cooperation during this time.
Released March 18, 2020
Fraudsters are leveraging news coverage and fear surrounding the coronavirus (COVID-19) to scam consumers and businesses. Watch out for calls, texts, emails, social media posts, or ads offering vaccines, products, or medical tips in exchange for your information, money, or clicks.
Messages may appear to be from legitimate sources like the CDC Health Alert Network, the World Health Organization (WHO), or other government institutions, but may be scams.
DO NOT provide anyone information that is urging you to divulge personal financial details, such as:
- Personal Information
- Account numbers
- Debit/credit card number
- PIN numbers or passwords
- Online banking credentials
Beacon Federal Credit Union will NEVER call you, text you, or send you an email asking for personal information. If you receive a message via a phone call, text or email asking for this information, DO NOT respond, hang up and contact us at (281) 471-1782.
“Spoofed” Phone Numbers – fraudsters can “spoof” a phone number to make it look like they are calling from the credit union. DO NOT rely on caller ID to ensure the credit union is calling you
Phishing Emails – Don’t click on links from sources you don’t know. Phishing emails will use the virus as a lure in the subject line to entice you to open it. The email message may contain false information about the COVID-19. Some emails will claim to be from the CDC or WHO but contain malicious attachments or links to websites that will download a virus or malware on your computer to steal personal data.
The best practice in avoiding scams and hackers is to not click on any links in emails you were not expecting, or you did not request. Just delete the email.
Released: March 17, 2020
BRANCH LOBBY CLOSURE
To protect our members and employees during the COVID-19 outbreak, we have decided to close our Seabrook, H-E-B Deer Park, and H-E-B Clear Lake offices until April 1, 2020. Our La Porte and Baytown lobbies are closed but the drive-thru services and call center will remain open from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. If you need to complete, apply, or need assistance with a loan, we can take care of that through our online service or call center. You can also call us at 281.471.1782 for assistance. Please follow our website or social media pages for updates. Thank you for your cooperation during this time.
To minimize the risk to employees and members:
- Avoid unnecessary contact in social situations
- Practice regular hand washing and sanitation
- Stay home if you’re feeling sick
As a reminder, our remote services will allow you to perform all your banking needs without having to come into a branch.
- Drive-Thru Service Locations – La Porte and Baytown (8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.)
- Beacon Federal Credit Union ATMs – available outside of all branch locations
- CU Friendly ATM Network – various locations near you
- Online and Mobile Banking – access to your online account
- Personal Access Line -281.470.8925
- Loan Application – Apply from your computer or phone
- Open an Account – Open from your computer or phone
- Mobile Deposit – through our Mobile App, in Apple and Google
- Telephone Services – 800.868.6939
- Debit Cardholder services– 800.866.664.9364
- Credit Cardholder services- 1.800.442.4757
- Apple Pay, Google Pay, and Samsung Pay – securely add your Beacon FCU debit and credit card(s) to your mobile wallet
After much consideration, BFCU management team has decided to postpone indefinitely our March and April events:
- 2020 ANNUAL MEETING
- Shred Day April 3rd and April 24th
We will keep you posted when we are able to reschedule the meeting. Please note, the decision made is to protect the health and safety of our members, employees, and the community.
Released: March 12, 2020
Important Information Regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Beacon Federal Credit Union is closely monitoring Coronavirus (COVID-19) and is aware of its global impact, as well as here in the United States. Our commitment to the health and safety of our members and employees is of the utmost importance. In addition, we take our corporate citizen responsibility seriously and will do our part to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- We have already taken a series of precautionary steps to minimize the risk for staff and members.
- We have increased cleaning and sanitation at all locations.
- We have informed and educated employees on what they can do to stay healthy, and how to stop the spread of germs.
- We are continuously monitoring and following guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
While we have implemented certain aspects of our Pandemic Contingency Plans, we want to minimize disruptions of services to our members so our La Porte and Baytown drive-thru and call center will remain open. However, during this time, we urge members to use our drive-thru services for cash transactions, Night Drops for after-hour deposits, Online and Mobile Banking services, Telephone Services (PAL), and also, our ATM network. Remember to sanitize or wash your hands after using an ATM.
To assist our members, Beacon has made the following changes – effective through March 31st.
- Waive all ATM fees for members using “foreign” ATMs – (There are also free ATMs available using the Credit Union Friendly Network.)
- Waive one instant issue debit card fee per member.
- Increase the cash transaction limit at our branch drive-thru windows to $4,000.
- Increase the Remote Deposit My Check limit to $4,000 (normal holds apply).
With the convenience of our PC Branch and Telephone Services, you don’t have to leave your house to do your banking. Here are a few services we provide:
- Transfer funds to your Beacon Federal Credit Union accounts and to other financial institutions
- Check account balance and history
- Apply for a loan
- Open an account
- Make check deposits using our Mobile App
- And much more
If you need to get cash or make a deposit, you can perform your transaction through our branch drive-thru locations, stop by one of our branch ATMS, or visit one of our CU Friendly Network ATMs (limits still remain at $500 )
To Minimize the Risk to Employees and Members:
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cover your cough and sneeze, and wash your hands after.
- Stay at home when you are feeling sick.
- Wash and sanitize your hands often, especially after using an ATM.
It is our responsibility to serve you, our members, and we are committed to keeping both you and our employees’ health and safety a top priority. Beacon FCU will continue to take necessary steps as warranted and will work closely with local health and public officials.
Please visit this page for more Beacon FCU updates regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19). If you have any questions, please send us a message.
For more information and the full list of recommendations from the CDC, please see the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines.
Call Center Information related to COVID-19 provided by Harris County Public Health.
Harris County Residents – 832-927-7575 (9 a.m. – 7 p.m. every day)
City of Houston Residents – 832-393-4220 (9 a.m. – 7 p.m. M-F; 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. Sat)
Fort Bend County Residents – 281-633-7795 (8 a.m. – 5 p.m. M-F)
Harris Health System – 713-634-1110 (9 a.m. – 7 p.m. every day; use for clinical questions